Saturday, March 29, 2014

It's A Fine Fine Life



From where I'm sitting, I can look out the window and admire the young white blossoms on one of the trees in our front yard. I haven't found any good trees to climb in North Carolina, but there are many beautiful ones. I saw a fancy waterfront house in downtown Southport last year that had a pink flowery tree on its lawn-- a tree so large that the flowers dripped down over your head when you were walking on the sidewalk. I picked one of the flowers and took a quick picture of it, but it was so much prettier in real life.


Have you ever driven down the interstate and just been amazed at how beautiful your surroundings are? I remember traveling through the mountains between Tennessee and North Carolina when I was younger, peering out of the backseat window and wondering why no one commented on how pretty it was. I figured I was weird for finding something lovely that perhaps no one else found special at all.

I know I seem obsessed with trees right now, but here's what I'm really saying: Isn't there something beautiful, right in front of you, right now, that you're taking for granted? Today, I challenge you to open your eyes and notice the beauty already present in your life. Thank God for it. Rejoice. We have it so good.

 xoxo,
Ireland

Title Credit: "It's A Fine Fine Life" by for King and Country
from the album Crave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I love reading your comments! If you use the Anonymous setting, please leave your name or some kind of username under your post. Love you guys!