Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Spring Break in Tennessee: Part 2

So last Monday (not two-days-ago-Monday but the Monday before) Nana and Pa took Jeffrey and me to the Knoxville Zoo. It was Jman's first-ever zoo experience, and when we got home he said "it was the best day of his life".
 
Here we are at Black Bear Falls.
 
* I don't know about you, but when the word "fashion" pops up, my mind does not immediately jump to the zoo... :) Sometimes function trumps style (and for good reason), so please forgive my slightly-off outfit.
 

Jeffrey #coolasever
 

 
The Elephants.


 

They have a kids' corner at the zoo... and guess WHAT?! There is a carousel! Don't you just love that word? Carousel, carousel, carousel...

Don't judge me pretending I'm five again. Just pretend with me because I know you want to.
 


Gorillas have big hands.


Hey, look, it's a curious monkey :)
 
Okay, so now I wanna know... Do you guys like going to the zoo? And do you have a favorite one? I went to the one in Washington D.C. once and it was really cool. I bet the one in NYC would be fun too... maybe that would be a fun thing to add to my bucket-list. :) Looking forward to hearing from you!
 
xoxo,
Ireland


 

11 comments:

  1. Love the Knoxville Zoo. Going to the D.C zoo next month and can't wait! Love you and the Jeffrey too. Aunt Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only zoo I've ever been to is the Louisville Zoo in KY. My family had a membership and we would go just for a few hours as a field trip and look at whatever we were learning about in science. But we would also pack a lunch and go all day a few times.:) It also has a little water park in it open in the summer that's fun for the little kids to play in (I'm too big for it now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so great.

      Jeffrey didn't have swimming trunks on and he was really disappointed when we found that Knoxville Zoo actually had a water area. But he was good in a couple minutes, back to having fun :)

      Delete
  3. We have a zoo about an hour from us that we used to go to occasionally. It wasn't very big, but we always had a lot of fun!:)
    keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ireland, It was fun to do the Knoxville Zoo with you and Jeffrey. Love it that he says it was the best day of his life. I love your pictures and this blog!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you and Jeffrey had a great time! :D And I like your button up top.
    We have a zoo in my town, but it's fairly small, though we do have cute red pandas! :) I went to the Sacramento zoo when I was ten, and that was a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paige! There were some red pandas at our zoo, but by then I was too exhausted to see anything else.... :)

      Delete
  6. I love the Knoxville Zoo! I am glad Jeffrey had a special day. I love getting to watch younger siblings experience new things. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love reading your comments! If you use the Anonymous setting, please leave your name or some kind of username under your post. Love you guys!