Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Inside Bullfrog Corner

"There is a charming little shop in Southport on the corner of Howe and East Moore called Bullfrog Corner. It's one of those quirky shops, crammed floor-to-ceiling with all kinds of toys, books, beach souvenirs, and candy. In fact, there's a little platform inside that leads to a room filled with everything from maple candies to gummies to chocolate-covered raisins. It's arguably the most intriguing part of the store, and that's saying something, considering there is some kind of merchandise covering every square inch of the place."

When I wrote that a couple weeks ago, were you intrigued? Just in case, I thought you might like to see some pictures... you know what they say about them being worth a thousand words.
 
(Sidebar: if you missed my #9Things Challenge yesterday,
DON'T MISS IT! I want all my friends with social media
profiles to participate. You can check it out here.)
 
 
Here is my grandmother Mary, kissing a frog next to the front door. Oh, Mimi, what has gotten into you?!

 
My brother Jeffrey is hamming it up here in the boys' toys section... imagine being five and having to pick out just one thing. It does not work well under time-sensitive circumstances.


The candy-shop-within-a-shop has a festive, old-timey feel, don't you think?
 
 
When I found a rack of Sesame Street hand puppets, I knew I had to take a selfie with one of them! (If you look closely in the picture below, you can see what I'm talking about.) They had Abby, Oscar, Ernie, Big Bird, Zoey.... and let me tell you, it was a tough call between Cookie Monster and Elmo. But in the end I had to go with the furry red guy. Elmo is just so sweet! (I'm into italics today, apparently...)



My Aunt Linda, walking over the puzzles, because there is no other place to walk!


Hope you enjoyed your virtual trip to Bullfrog Corner! Am I a good tour guide? I assure you, you would probably have a richer experience in person. Nevertheless, I wanted to find a use for these shots and thought a peek of Southport might be fun. Let me know if you want to see more posts like this!


xoxo,

Ireland




4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun place! The candy shop looks like a delectable place to be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Keep the Southport pictures/"tours" coming! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love reading your comments! If you use the Anonymous setting, please leave your name or some kind of username under your post. Love you guys!