Monday, April 21, 2014

Kites & Superheroes // Outfit Post

 

Happy Belated Easter, everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Sunday. Today we went to the beach and my little brother Jeffrey got to try out his new present, a bright green Hulk kite. He did really well, and before we left, said "this might be the most fun I've ever had". Or something to that effect. He's starting to use very grown-up phrases and it's cute :)

 I wore a dark red maxi skirt with the new tank top my mom found at a consignment shop over the weekend. It's really creative-looking, like something a European girl would wear while riding her bike through a flower festival. And, of course, what says, "I live at the beach" like a maxi skirt?





 
We spent part of the time taking pictures, part of the time flying Jeffrey's new kite, and the rest trying to swat away the weird little bugs that kept sticking to our skin. In spite of the bugs, it was fun. While it was hard to leave home last year, I'd wanted to live at the beach for so long and it was an answered prayer when we finally arrived with the Penske truck in Southport. And days like today just don't happen unless you're coastal :)

Wishing you an amazing week ahead, kites optional.

xoxo,

Ireland

6 comments:

  1. Such a happy, "springy" post! I love it! Life in Southport looks amazing. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too :) I'm coming in in May, hope to see you then!!

      Delete
  2. love the pictures can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks love you mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw.....what pretty pictures! That is such a nice skirt, it looks really comfy in the pics! =D

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love reading your comments! If you use the Anonymous setting, please leave your name or some kind of username under your post. Love you guys!