Hey y'all! It's Wednesday... middle of the week... how's that going for ya? I'm doubling up on algebra this week, trying to finish early for the school year. Once math and Latin are out of the way, 10th grade will be winding down and I'll be FREE from those... ahem... less desirable subjects and able to concentrate on reading Jane Austen and learning piano..JPG)
I know that a lot of people like math. I mean, I sort of wish I did-- it'd be fun to be all math-y and science-y like the people in the movies. (Think Nicholas Cage in The National Treasurer or Robert Downey Jr. in Iron Man. Nerdy is cool!) But my brain just GETS English better. I guess I'm a right-brained person. Or is it left? I forget. And Latin-- well, I was excited to take Latin this year, but my enthusiasm has waned since finding out firsthand how difficult it is. Major respect to Latin scholars..JPG)
.JPG)
But I'm not complaining right now-- how can I, when I get to take two-hour breaks in the middle of a school day and go to the beach with my mom and brother? And take outfit pictures and look at black-and-white striped lighthouses and fly kites? And wear banana-yellow and pink plaid and white denim while doing so?
Don't get me wrong. I know life isn't all rainbows and butterflies and soft yellow sweaters. Life is harder than algebra could ever dream of being (and algebra is pretty hard! :) ). But there is always beauty in it, too, even if we forget to notice. Like the dusky grey sky out your window. Like the raindrops slipping off the azaleas in the bushes. Like the sand between your toes and the smell of coconut sunscreen on the beach on spring break. Like the inner-knowing that even if right now is... ahem... less desirable... Jesus is always here for you, with his arms outstretched and his big, gentle voice speaking softly to your soul.
You can so do this week.
xoxo,
Ireland
Pink Button-Down: Aeropostale
Cropped Sweater: Ralph Lauren, thrifted
White Capris: American Eagle, thrifted
Sandals: ??? (my mom's closet)
Title: Nobody Ever Told You by Carrie Underwood
My favorite outfit thus far, so Spring!
ReplyDeleteSpring is in the air... :) I'm so glad.
DeleteCute outfit! :) You have such an amazing backdrop to your photos.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouraging post!
Thanks, Paige!! :)
DeleteHey there! My name's Khloe Grace... I'm your newest follower! I would love it if you would check me out at my blog!
ReplyDeletekeepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com
Hey Khloe Grace :) I'm one of your followers too. I just signed your guestbook... which is a really cool idea, by the way.
DeleteThanks so much for your support! xoxo
Ireland
http://irelandrhea.blogspot.com/