Saturday, June 21, 2014

To Be Treasured

 
 
Today, my 5-year-old brother Jeffrey went on his first canoeing trip, and I think it's safe to say he had a blast. For me, it was the first time I can remember ever feeling competent with an oar, so... I guess I'm improving :)
 
 
Being on the water reminded me so much of the summers my family used to spend at the lake when we lived in Tennessee. All the happy details resurfaced:
 
Tall, frosty glasses of milk served at the restaurant on the dock.
 
 Tubing with Reise and Emmy.
 
Feeling the warm sun and cool water against my skin.
 
The occasional ride on a Jet-Ski.
 
Being surrounded by the love of family and friends.
 
 
 
At fourteen, I am far from an adult, but as I'm growing up, I have found that I don't enjoy life to the fullest. But I want that to change. I want to treasure both the beautiful God-details in my past and my present.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. The lake looks beautiful! Glad you and your brother had a fun time canoeing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos and good thoughts in this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paige :) Is your profile pic new? I like it.

      Delete
  3. These images are just WOW! I do love a good lake adventure, especially when the water and sky are pretty. Wonderful perspective in the middle pic especially.
    Good thoughts you shared. We don't know when the Lord will return or out time will be up, so this is a good reminder to be cherishing every moment and living for Him.
    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!

      I agree with you. We don't want to get too busy to enjoy the moment we're in.

      Delete

Hey! I love reading your comments! If you use the Anonymous setting, please leave your name or some kind of username under your post. Love you guys!