Friday, August 1, 2014
Next Stop... Wilmington
Happy August, everyone! As we roll into the last few weeks of summer break, I find myself surrounded by empty bookshelves, stacks and stacks of cardboard boxes, and overexposed beige walls. That's right, we're moving-- again! This time, though, our end destination (umm, that being Wilmington, NC) is only about an hour away. Much simpler than the 500-mile trek from Knoxville to Southport.
As my family transitions into the next phase of our life, this picture serves as a tribute to Flashback Friday. From left: my mom Karen, late grandfather Ed, uncle Carey, me, and my cousin Reise.
I love beautiful memories... but at the same time, I'm looking forward to making new ones.
What do you think is the hardest part about leaving home? What's the best?
xoxo,
Ireland
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ireland, I hope that your move goes well, and that you enjoy your new home! May the Lord give you peace as you leave the last place you called "home".
ReplyDeleteI've lived in the same town my whole life (in three different buildings), so I'm afraid I can't relate, but I know it would be hard to leave. It also sounds like an exciting adventure!
Thank you so much, Paige! I love the quote, "a man will never find new seas unless he has courage to lose sight of the shore". And you're right... it is a new adventure. Here's hoping it rocks :)
Delete