Saturday, April 5, 2014

My First Solo Kitchen Experience // Making Pancakes

Today I was prompted by my mom to cook something... cook pancakes... for myself. For some reason, I was more motivated than usual, and I gave it a shot. I figure I'm a fourteen year old girl who needs to know how to make something beyond a peanut butter sandwich. After all, I won't live at home forever and knowing how to cook will probably serve me well no matter what I do when I'm older.

 
So, Step One to becoming a competent home-cook: Make pancakes from a box. Eep. 



 
I made two pancakes (although it isn't exactly obvious if you judge by the final picture). I used coconut oil to grease the pan before I made the first one, but that didn't really work out too well, so next I tried using canola oil. It was in a spray can, and for some reason the pan stayed pretty fizzy. At least for a bit. But don't ask me why-- I don't know! =)



Now, my pancakes may not have been perfect, but they were edible. Although next time I should probably just get my mom to help me.

Hoping your cooking turns out better than mine this week! And if not, well, practice makes progress. =) Just think how incredibly blessed we are to even have food to cook with in the first place! We don't think of it as a luxury, but I am beginning to suspect it is one.

Until next time...

xoxo,

Ireland

4 comments:

  1. My mom got some good laughs looking at the pictures on this post. :) LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of many of my cooking adventures when I first started (and every once in a while since then ;) )! Even the pancake looks vaguely familiar... I cook mine in melted butter now and it works pretty well. All the best as you keep cooking! Keep us updated on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Ireland! You can do it; I believe in you! Keep me posted on your cooking progress. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love reading your comments! If you use the Anonymous setting, please leave your name or some kind of username under your post. Love you guys!